- The sky is the limit when it comes to cost-saving ideas for businesses. With a little creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, companies can save a lot of money.
- From going green to automating employee parking, there is a lot you can do to use fewer resources and cut costs.
We all know that money doesn’t grow on trees. That is why finding innovative cost saving ideas for business should be an essential part of every company’s plans.
Check out these effective ways to help keep your bottom line in the black.
One of the most simple yet effective innovative cost saving ideas for business is to make your office or workspace more energy-efficient. You can do this in several ways, such as:
Investing in energy-efficient devices.
These appliances include LED bulbs (can last 100,000 hours), energy-efficient heating and cooling systems (can save you up to 30% on your energy bill), and low-flow toilets (use less water).
Unplugging electronics when they’re not in use.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, gadgets left on standby can suck up a lot of energy. Thus, you can save as much as 10% a year on your energy bill by unplugging these devices when they’re not needed.
Using natural light instead of artificial lighting
Open the blinds and let the sun do its job. The sun provides many benefits, such as vitamin D, mood-boosting effect, and of course, free light.
Making your workspace more energy-efficient doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking. Even making small changes can have a big impact on your energy bill – and your wallet.
Another innovative cost saving ideas for business is to go paperless.. Paper costs money, and it’s not exactly good for the environment.
Consider Formstack‘s recent report, which found that an office worker uses roughly four dozen sheets of paper daily, with about 50% of that being considered trash. That’s a lot of paper!
If your business is guilty of this, there are several ways to reduce your reliance on it, such as sending invoices, contracts, and other documents electronically. Printing these documents out is unnecessary when you can easily send them via email.
Automate employee parking
Does your business still have a traditional parking lot? If so, it’s time to automate it. An automated parking system such as Wayleadr is a great source of income and an outstanding sustainability tool.
Here are some features of Wayleadr to give you an idea of how it can help your business save money and give you a glimpse of its benefits:
- Parking management. It lets you control and manage your parking space with ease.
- Space allocation and availability. You can book and release parking spaces in advance via the Wayleadr app.
- Occupancy tracking. It keeps track of how many people are using your parking lot at any time.
- Revenue generation. You have the opportunity to generate income through advertising, parking fees, and setting up electric vehicle charging stations.
- Improved Sustainability. You will receive real-time reports on your parking space usage and make data-driven decisions to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Workflow automation. By automating your parking operations, you reduce the need for manual labor.
- Parking reduction. Automating your parking reduces the parking spaces you need, saving you money.
A smart parking lot is a great start if you’re looking for innovative cost-saving ideas. Bigwigs like Sanofi, Sodexo, and Version 1 have automated their parking lots, and there’s no reason why your business can’t do the same.
Offer flexible working hours
When you offer this arrangement, you save on office space, equipment, energy consumption, and other associated costs. Not to mention, it’s a perk that employees love. In fact, Help Scout reports that 50% of staff prefer it over unlimited vacation and free childcare.
Implement an employee carpooling program
This list of innovative cost-saving ideas wouldn’t be complete without mentioning carpooling. So if your business has many employees living in the same area, this could be a great option.
According to this report, carpooling has many benefits, including societal and environmental ones:
- Reduce traffic
- Lower energy consumption
- Lessen greenhouse gas emissions
The same report says that businesses that promote carpooling save parking costs by as much as $45,000 for every parking slot in capital expenditures. And in operations, they save $2,000 annually per space.
If you are looking for another powerful cost-saving solution, then check out Wayleadr. Our parking management software that can help you save time and money.